Welcome To Burford Surgery Website
Here you can access commonly used services like on-line medication and on-line appointment booking (please select services on the above menu) as well as submitting enquiries about referrals or hospital appointments and results.
Our annual flu vaccination campaign starts in October- in plenty of time for you to be covered for when the flu season starts.
Flu jab sessions dates are
Saturday 10th October at Carterton Health Centre and Saturday 24th October at Burford Surgery.To save you time, if you have a routine check up with your nurse or doctor during October you may be able to have your flu jab at that appointment.
We are concerned that some of our patients are being offered flu jabs outside the surgery. This is your choice, but be aware that having your flu jab at the surgery will ensure we have access to your full medical records, and your vaccination will be undertaken by a qualified nurse or doctor.
Changes to Repeat PrescriptionsFrom November you will need to use the emis access system to order more prescriptions on-line. You will need to set up an account which you do can on-line
You can also find out about services provided at the practice including information about Burford Surgery as a Training Practice. This information is primarily for future GPs but patients are also welcome to look at this. You can also view this information on a mobile phone.
Medical care is increasingly complicated and often lots of little mistakes can build up to a bigger error. We would like you to let us know if things have gone wrong so we can try to correct them.
We will soon be required to supply your personal and confidential medical Information to the Health and Social Care Information centre (HSCIC). This information will be taken from the practice in a form that can identify you. The Practice has NO choice but to allow the HSCIC to extract this information. However, individual patients can instruct their Practice to stop the transfer of their data. For more information on the reasons for this data extract and how to opt out for sending your confidential information Please click HERE.
As part of the contract with the NHS all primary care providers are required to offer/work towards the following :
- Electronic Appointment Booking - Burford Surgery patients can book appointments electronically
- On line Booking of repeat prescriptions - Burford Surgery patients can book repeat prescriptions
- Summary Care Record - By March 2014 Burford Surgery patients will be uploaded to the spine unless they have previously declined for their records to be upload (see above)
- GP2GP transfers - Burford Surgery uses GP2GP transfer of patients records
- Patient Access to records. – You can now access your record to view or print off repeat medication, allergies and immunisations should you wish. To do this you need to use the EMIS ACCESS service (above under on-line services).
- Referral Management - Burford Surgery includes the patient NHS number as the primary identifier in all NHS clinical correspondence issued by the practice
Problem with a Hospital Appointment or Result?
You can either:
- Ring the secretary direct
- Ring the Patient Liaison line at the hospital:
- Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals
- Ask us to chase this up on your behalf