Welcome To Burford Surgery Website
Here you can access commonly used services like on-line medication and on-line appointment booking (please select services on the above menu) as well as submitting enquiries about referrals or hospital appointments and results.
You can also find out about services provided at the practice including information about Burford Surgery as a Training Practice. This information is primarily for future GPs but patients are also welcome to look at this. You can also view this information on a mobile phone.
Medical care is increasingly complicated and often lots of little mistakes can build up to a bigger error. We would like you to let us know if things have gone wrong so we can try to correct them.
All information is held by the NHS according to strict rules. We are required to display information about this on our website. You can also opt out from some information being used for reasons other than your personal healthcare.
As part of the contract with the NHS all primary care providers are required to offer/work towards the following :
- Electronic Appointment Booking - Burford Surgery patients can book appointments electronically
- On line Booking of repeat prescriptions - Burford Surgery patients can book repeat prescriptions
- Summary Care Record - By March 2014 Burford Surgery patients will be uploaded to the spine unless they have previously declined for their records to be upload (see above)
- GP2GP transfers - Burford Surgery uses GP2GP transfer of patients records
- Patient Access to records. – You can now access your record to view or print off repeat medication, allergies and immunisations should you wish. To do this you need to use the EMIS ACCESS service (above under on-line services).
- Referral Management - Burford Surgery includes the patient NHS number as the primary identifier in all NHS clinical correspondence issued by the practice
Problem with a Hospital Appointment or Result?
You can either:
- Ring the secretary direct
- Ring the Patient Liaison line at the hospital:
- Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals
- Ask us to chase this up on your behalf